Mary Ellen's Tux Shoppe

102 Saint Christopher Street
Lafayette, LA 70506-4240
(337) 235-1555
tuxshoppe@gmail.com





Mary Ellen's Tux Shoppe History


Mary Ellen’s started as a bridal boutique by Bradley and Mary Ellen Foreman in 1969. The Foreman’s moved their family into another nearby house and converted their previous home into Mary Ellen’s, where it is still located today. After three years of focusing strictly on the bridal business, Mary Ellen’s expanded into the tuxedo industry with the opening of The Tux Shoppe in 1972 in the same building as Mary Ellen’s. In 2001, Mary Ellen’s expanded their product line to include a limousine service and founded Sterling Limousines. Since then, Mary Ellen’s has won numerous “Best of” awards and is currently run by two of Bradley and Mary Ellen’s sons, co-owners Kevin and Randy.